Monday, February 12, 2007

Digging in the dirt....


Today, I planted three irises. One large bulb had a small one attached. The other stood alone. I planted three for two reasons: 3 of us in this family and 3 because it is an auspicious number. It is auspicious since it represents birth, creation, and destruction. Or Brahma, Vishnu, and Siva, the Gods of the Trimurti. Brahma is the God of creation, with his wife Saraswati. Vishnu is the God of Intelligence, his wife Laksmi. Siva is the God of destruction. I feel that so much has happened in my life, this circular pattern of birth, life, and death. And I'm recognizing it everyday in my own child. I hope to pass on these small and significant factors in my life, the number 3 for example. And I continue to let go, slowly but steadily, to this inner Light.

No comments: