Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I stood on my head today.

Yes. i stood on my head. my Yoga practice has been put to the wayside, but i started again today. tightness everywhere. but muscle memory is amazing. nostril breathing in headstand, sirsasana (sheer-sha-sah-nah), was a bit difficult. But afterwards, a feeling of lightness. Now if I can just stand on my head every single day. I have been immersing myself in books by Swami Sivananda Radha. And the one i'm reading now is called, "Kundalini Yoga for the West." There is a beautiful drawing of a woman standing on her head and next to her, a tree. upside down.

"The feet are now rooted in The Divine inspiration of heaven."

Feet are on the earth. The head is connected to the heavens or the intellect. Send yourself upside down and your feet grace this earthy blue. It is a feeling like none other. "There is a sense of "grounded" intellectual ablilities."

I remember standing on my head in the Bahamas, at the Ashram that I lived, studied and worked at for 3 1/2 months. And the beach platform was such an incredible place to practice. Turquoise water, white sand, and palms swaying overhead. Once I was in the pose, I felt my head against the hard wood, but there was a sense that my head was in the ocean. being splashed and hit with huge forceful waves. and then i'd connect, to the breath. and i'd find myself drifting into some sort of meditation. And i would gaze just a bit at the palm trees and then i'd feel dizzy.

i think everyone should stand on their head, every day, once a day. i wonder how different our world would be.

No comments: